STOP PRESS: 23 June 2015.
Sadly the inability of Bhutan & Beyond, and our Bhutan partners BTCL, to effectively provide a rewarding fishing experience has prompted us to cease promoting and selling fishing based tours with immediate effect.
With erratic regulatory control and advice, over the issuance of fishing permits, it has become apparent very few good stretches of rivers are permitted to be fished by tourist visitors and all previous videos and books written on the subject of fishing should be taken as now being obsolete.
Currently fishing is permitted in these regions:
Paro Valley – Western Bhutan
Thimphu Valley – Western Bhutan
Trongsa Region – Central Bhutan
Bumthang Valleys – Central Bhutan
Lhuentse Region – North East Bhutan
And on these dates……
- Fishing is permitted January-February inclusive and June-September inclusive.
- Fishing is also not permitted on selected ‘Auspicious Days’ as per the Bhutanese Lunar Calendar.
- Fly fishing only … catch & release only!
- Bring your own gear…there is no hire equiment readily available in Bhutan.
- The daily fishing permit fee is Nu500 = approx US$10.00 per day.
- Passport scan and passport style photo required for your permit.
- Our operator in Bhutan, BTCL, will supply a guide with fishing knowledge.
- Combine some great fishing with a magical cultural experience. Add in a trek too if you wish.