Most of your travel through Bhutan will be by the one road that traverses the Kingdom. It is 1.5 lanes wide, features up to 10-12 bends per kilometre in many areas, and there can be regular stops to cater for roadworks. However don’t let this discourage you as the scenery on your drives will make up for any small inconveniences and your professional BTCL driver will ensure you feel safe!
There are no trains in Bhutan and there are no public buses available for tourist use.
There are also now limited domestic flights operated by Drukair that can help to reduce your road travel time on some itineraries.
- Average speed by car is approx 35-50 kms per hour.
- Depending on the valley there will be 10-12 bends per km.
- The Bhutanese generally drive with great tolerance and skill.
- Weather, road works, roadblocks (landslides) & vehicle breakdowns can all impact on your itinerary. Please take it in your stride.
- We use SUV’s, Hyundai Minibuses or Toyota Coaster coaches depending on group size.
Driving Times Between Main Towns
|FROM||TO||DISTANCE IN KMS||APPROX DRIVING TIME|
|Trashigang||Chorten Kora||52||1hr 30m|